Saturday, May 8, 2010

Life story.

So I made this blog specifically for my Fine Art Seminar class (as it was required), but have decided to keep it going. I kind of like having something to update and pour my thoughts into from time to time. It brings me back to the LIVEJOURNAL days, haha.

I am 2 classes away from graduating with my Associate's of Fine Art in Visual Art. It may not seem like much, especially for the (long) amount of time I have been in college, but it is a pretty big accomplishment for me and a huge steppingstone in my life. I have taken away so much from my degree, and I actually doubted many times that I would ever commit myself to finishing anything in school. College and making career decisions has been a rocky road for me since high school, but I have found my little niche in life and I am really excited to move forward and see what lies ahead in the future.

I have met some great people over the past year or so, I've branched out, I've opened myself up, and I have grown. It has all made me realize that I have allowed myself to settle into this mediocre comfort zone in my day-to-day life for so long. As much as I have hated change in the past, I am almost welcoming it now. I am ready to travel the country and see everything. I want nothing more than to jump in my car and drive through every state and see everything. Its something I'm planning to do in the next few years because I know if I don't do it soon, I will regret it later in life, My goal is to really plan my business over the next 5 years and quite possible open; I get excited just sitting and brainstorming different ideas.

I went so long not really knowing what was right for me in life, and now that I have found it I've found my happiness. Now I can just work hard, push forward, and know that everything will fall into place. I'm just going to let life happen as it happens and enjoy it while its here. It's a bittersweet feeling closing a chapter of your life, but I am ready to move on to the next one.

Yay for happy blogging :)

No comments:

Post a Comment